- All Employees should maintain good health and hygiene at all times.
- ARUPATH employee and / or any worker / third party contractor recommended by ARUPATH should be adequately rested prior commencing work.
- In case of poor health, employee must immediately inform his / her superior to depute someone and ask for rest.
- If employee suffering from any infectious / bacterial disease, he / she must refrain from visiting office and meeting clients.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) like Helmet, Safety Goggles, Safety Vest, Safety Shoes, Ear Muffs and Protective Gloves should always be used while boarding the Vessel or visiting Port.
- While the onus of adhering to various international norms pertaining to tanker vessels and their movements are to be addressed by the ship owners, it is the Port Agents responsibility to brief the Master and owners of the local and national health & environmental regulations so as to ensure adherence at all times.
- Provide Master with relevant MSDS sheet if required.
- Master to be advised in the Pre arrival report prior arrival vessel about practices prevalent at a Port pertaining to the below, which will enable him to take any action if needed.
- Ballast water management requirements.
- Slops and residue disposal arrangements at a berth / terminal.
- Inert gas or vapour discharges to the atmosphere and exhaust gas emissions limit from boiler / engines (If Applicable)
- Garbage Disposal.
- Sewage water treatment.
- No unethical conduct, criminal acts and improper conducts or similar will be tolerated by the company.
- Always carry authorized photographic identification with you.
- All jobs must complete as required by the company work procedures in safely manner.
- Contingency plans must be in place to cover emergencies.
- Under any circumstances, all employees should not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while on duty.
- All vessel operational matter should be treated strictly confidential and not to be shared with any third party.
2.2 Port & Ship
- Kindly ensure strict adherence to port safety rules compliance.
- Also ensure all safety requirements are being followed as required by the serviced vessel.
- Pay attention to signs, permits and notices in your working environment.
- Kindly refrain from entering restricted areas inside port as well as onboard ship.
- Do not enter a confined space unless a permit has been granted and you have permission.
- Please cooperate with all search requirements as may be required in compliance with ISPS code.
- Always keep security pass issued by the port/vessel with you.
As a MINIMUM the following PPE must be worn at all times:
- Additional PPE must be worn if required for the delivery of the requested service.
- Comply with safety requirements of vessel when visiting.
- Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
- Please report any unsafe work practice to the appropriate authorities.
- When visiting Vessel or Port, No Usage of Mobile Phones, Camera, Walkie Talkie unless they are tested for Intrinsically safe usage and to be used in Designated areas.
- All vehicles used for moving personnel, stores or equipment, must meet local driving standards.
- All vehicle drivers must hold valid driving permits and ensure good driving behaviors.
- Driver must wear ARUPATH uniform when on duty.
- Using mobile phones while driving is strictly forbidden.
- Launches used for crew or personal transfers and the movement of goods and stores, either contracted or owned, should meet all applicable local, national and international legislation.
- Launches must be fit for purpose, maintained in good condition and safely operated by competent crew members at all times.
- The launch vessel should possess all valid certificates as required by the local authority.
- Kindly ensue that all persons on board launches are wearing lifejackets and hard hats at all times.
- Drivers shall be adequately rested when embarking on any trip.
- All drivers to be strictly monitored for driving habits and behavior.
- All drivers to be adequately trained to understand the requirements of the shipping industry.
- All vehicles to be maintained as per manufactures recommendation.
- All vehicles to be frequently inspected for cleanliness and overall condition.
- No mobile phone to be used while driving.
- Safety to be accorded priority at all times.
- Any OE using own vehicle to attend to any vessel shall ensure that all above standards are applied to his vehicle as well.
- Please adhere to all environmental responsibilities in office, and when visiting port as well as vessel.
- All garbage must be thrown in the designated garbage bins.
- Immediately clean up spilt materials if any.
- While working in office, least paper print must be used- as far as possible. It does not only will save papers but also save energy and cartridges.
- All electronics devices must be turned off when not in use.
- Always arrange certified third party vendors if requested by the vessel for disposal services (garbage, sewage, grey water, sludge, slops etc).
4. Ethical Policies
- ARUPATH will ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, decrees or government orders which are applicable to our business.
- ARUPATH shall ensure that none of its employees and agents shall, give or receive gifts, payments, loans, gratuities or any other inducement, for any purpose whatsoever from any person, firm, corporation, governmental or quasi-governmental body, or other body in connection with the performance of duties as Port Agent.
- ARUPATH shall ensure that none of its employees, representatives, agents or subcontractors to, engage in any activities that might reasonably be considered to be contrary or detrimental to the interests of its Principals.
We also commit ourselves to:
- Understanding and meeting the requirements and needs of our customers and striving to exceed their expectations
- Building mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers, agents and company personnel
- Improving operational, technical and commercial performance of ships operated by us
- Complying with applicable Flag and Port State legislations and other requirements, as applicable
- Continually improving the performance and effectiveness of our quality
ARUPATH SHIPPING & TRADING implements quality control at all levels within the organization by monitoring, reviewing and auditing company quality objectives at planned intervals during internal and external audits ARUPATH SHIPPING & TRADING is committed to protecting the environment from all forms and types of pollution caused by its activities. On board, the Company implements good working practices to ensure a safe, secure and healthy working environment. It pro-actively implements a Drug and Alcohol Policy for all seafarers, that includes testing and screening during pre-joining medical examinations.Additionally, co-operation with Custom authorities worldwide is maintained to combat illegal drug trafficking through the signing of Memorandum of Understanding.
ARUPATH SHIPPING & TRADING policies on safety and environment protection are constantly being reviewed and updated to fully comply with international standards at all levels within the organization.
Our Core Values
- Quality through professionalism, reliability and integrity
- Respond in real time to our customers needs
- A safe and secure working environment at sea and ashore
- Protection of the environment from all forms and types of pollution caused by the company's activities
- Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System
- To be competitive
- To continuously self improve
This summary does not and is not intended to cover all applicable policies. It is only a guide to give employees management opinions on several areas. Even though this may seem like a large amount of information, it is important that this information does not go unsaid. We believe it is your right to have these rules expressed to you, to know what is expected of you, and to know how ARUPATH SHIPPING & TRADING manages its business. These policies represent good business and personal ethics that form the foundation of this organization.